Bartolotta at the Wynn Resort: "Want to overpay for dinner?" Winn Hotel Tip by ArizonaExpert

Winn Hotel, Las Vegas: 31 reviews and 54 photos all my trips to Vegas, I had never been to the Wynn. I got tickets for Le Reve, so I figured we would eat there prior to the show. I went on line and reviewed the Wynn eateries, and selected Bartolotta. We found the place to be beautiful, as I knew it would be. We arrived 10 minutes earlier and wandered to the bar for a glass of wine each. They got us for our table and asked us to settle the bill....$33 with tax for two glasses of house wine! I should have known that was a sign of things to come.

On line, I didn't really think the prices were too far out of line. Once there, and faced with splitting a fish between the two of us based on weight, I knew this was going to be expensive.

The risotto appetizer was excellent, and the salad was good, but small. We selected a fish and wondered if my math background would help me figure out the price. It didn't. They brought a huge fish, and carved it tableside. By the time he was done ( I called it an autopsy to my wife), we had a small serving of fish with three sides. Total for just that....$110! It wasn't that good and certainly wasn't worth the price. A huge fish turned into bait!

I couldn't even bring myself to order dessert or coffee....even though I am not cheap and can certainly afford it. I just don't like getting gouched and not having an A+ experience.

Favorite Dish: Ummm.....the appetizer Risotto was good and we should have doubled it and had it for the meal. Otherwise, a very uneventful dinner. There are way too many reasonably priced finer restaurants to eat at to ever send peolpe here. I would have been happier going across the street to Maggione's...even though it is a chain! Total bill for two adults with two drinks was $230...with tip...and we walked away unhappy.

Service was fine by the way, but for that price, you should get a massage.

Address: Wynn Resort
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Strip at Spring Mountain
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 2
Theme: Italian

• Written Oct 24, 2006

ArizonaExpert Used To Live Here!

“Immodium AD is the traveler's best friend.”

Have you been to Las Vegas?