"Take a ferry ride across the channel" Top 5 Page for this destination Ferry Tip by SLLiew
Ferry, Penang: 5 reviews and 7 photos
Before the Penang Bridge, the only way to get to Penang Island is by the yellow double decker ferry. Today with the bridge, there are fewer and less frequent ferry service and the ferry are painted multi-color.
Yet, it is still a cheap and fun ride to take the ferry to Butterworth and back. There is not much on the other side. If you are going to take the International Train to Bangkok or the train to Kuala Lumpur, you will use the ferry anyway.
On the ferry, the stairways between the top and lower deck is steep and mind your head. The restrooms are free and at the top deck if you cannot wait.
If you are driving, you can go on ferry and come back by the Penang Bridge or vice versa for a complete loop,
Ferry services now stop after midnight and so check your time so that you do not get "marooned" for missing the last boat.
Great views during the day and at night. Less than 15 minutes but waiting time can be 30 minutes.
Address: Georgetown Raja Tun Uda Ferry Terminal & Butterworth Sultan Abdul Halim Ferry Terminal
Directions: Across the Malacca Strait
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels