TEMBO HOUSE HOTEL: "WOW !" Top 5 Page for this destination Zanzibar Town Hotel Tip by DAO
Zanzibar Town Hotels: 32 reviews and 62 photos
The Tembo House Hotel is a real ‘WOW’. It has an understated front that opens into a dramatic courtyard that has a fantastic swimming pool surrounded by the inner balconies of the spectacular rooms. Go past this to sit on the terrace and have a cold drink or a great meal as you take in the sights of the ocean and nearby islands.
The hotel is an old building that housed the American Consulate in 1834. In 1884 it become the premises of Cowasjee Dinshaw & Partners who managed trading companies in the western Indian Ocean. Their name is still on the main entrance of the hotel.
• Fantastic swimming pool in the courtyard
• Own beach in front of the terrace restaurant and bar
• Bahari Restaurant (local and international cuisine)
• Internet Café
• Most with balconies overlooking the ocean or swimming pool
• Satellite TV
• Mosquito netting/fans
• Large Zanzibarian beds
Unique Qualities: Even if you do not stay here, come for a meal on the terrace. The food is fantastic and you can enjoy authentic African dishes with a gentle breeze and a fantastic view. The swimming pool is the best of the few in Stone Town. Go for a dip! Changing rooms and toilets are pool side.
Address: Forodhani street, P.O.Box 3974, Zanzibar
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: On the waterfront, down the hill from the Post Office.
Phone: 255 (24) 2233005/2232069
More Hotels in Zanzibar Town (2)
More Reviews (46)
- See All THE SHORTEST WAR IN HISTORY
- See All USE THE ATM'S FOR CASH
- See All SMALL AND PERFECT
- See All ON TOP OF THE PORT
- See All THE FINEST BEACHES ARE IN THE EAST
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Zanzibar Town?Share Your Travels