"Burmese Temple just opposite of Siamese Temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Burmese Temple (Dhammikarama) Tip by SLLiew
Burmese Temple (Dhammikarama), Penang: 38 reviews and 83 photos
When you are visiitng the Reclining Buddha, just walk across the road to drop by the interesting Burmese Temple.
You will noticed that facial expression of Burmese Buddhas are different, more serene in a sense. There is a giant standing Buddha in a beautifully carved wooden hall and with different Buddhas from different countries of Asia.
At the side of the main temple, is a temple roof which looks like a floating piece of cake. At the back, is a coin thowing whether you want "Success", "Happy Marriage", "Love" into a rotating bowls over a pond. Stand at nearest part of the pond but it is an easy miss.
Highly recommend to drop by if you are visiting the Reclining Buddha. Admission is free too but there is a solication of voluntary donation for building funds.
Address: Lorong Burma
Directions: Between Georgetown and Batu Ferringhi area approx 10 mins from Georgetown
More Things to Do in Penang (56)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Service Apartment in Batu Ferringhi
- See All Buying fruits and local agriculture...
- See All Penang Famous "Curry Mee"
- "Titi Kerawang" Waterfalls
- See All Getting dizzy in the back seat
- See All Gurney Hotel hangout
- See All Penang State Mosque, Jalan Masjid Negeri
- See All Driving in Penang Island - challenging...
- See All Hiking on PWA water pipe trail
- See All Botanic Walk
- See All How to order food at hawker center
Been to Penang?Share your travels with the world!
SLLiew's Related Pages
Have you been to Penang?Share Your Travels