"Good Facilities .. Bad Services" Upsky Long Island Hotel Tip by mangpor

Front Area
      Front Area
      Comfort Bed
    by mangpor

This hotel had many good facilities, and I felt safe to stay there. However, only bad thing I feel was about their services (not all, but most)

Bad experiences...
I had asked my office administrator to arrange the pick-up limo service from the JFK airport to the hotel. I saw an email conversation between her and the hotel sales manager to confirm the schedule of my arrival. However, on the day I arrived, no limo service came. Since I had travelled for a long long flight (total 21 hrs - 1 stop), I feel tired and very upset about that. I had to call the NY Taxi (Yellow Cap) to take me to the hotel. It cost me double of the normal limo service price but I had no choice at that time -_-'

Another bad experience was the ADSL connection in the hotel room. The telephone port was very old and broken and I tried to call the hotel reception many many times - they never come to fix it up.

This hotel was very noisy on weekend. I heard many people walking & running on the corridor at night and it's almost 2 a.m.!!

Good experiences...
By the way, once I got into the hotel. I felt good about the room facilities especially the bed. I have never felt like this in any other hotels before. I heard that it was exclusively for Sheraton and it's called "Sweet Sleeper Bed". I think I was falling in love with it because the bed and pillows were very comfort. It made me sleep well. In addition to the bedroom, the bathroom was also good.

Not all services were bad as I mentioned earlier. I felt really good with the chauffer of the shuttle van service. They were really nice people and full of service-minded. :-)

Address: 110 Vanderbilt Motor Pkwy, Hauppauge, NY 11788
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +1 631-231-1100
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.upskylongisland.com/

• Updated Sep 11, 2007

Have you been to Hauppauge?