Taix ("Tay"): "Have Good Humble French in Echo Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Taix Tip by marinarena
Taix, Los Angeles: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Taix restaurant looks very attractive from the outside, though it is located in a very mundane part of L.A. in Echo Park. After months of passing by the place , I finally came in for a lunch. Founded in 1921, Taix has outlined much of the surroundings in the neighborhood. generations of the Taix family who began as sheep herders.
Inside, the restaurant interior look is country-pretty and dark. The dimness may evoke romance for some. Personally, I would like more lighting, though I was not too bothered. There is along hallway leading up to the main dining area.
For the cuisine, it is simple French country. Menu favorites are chicken, steak and salads. Prices are very affordable, by L.A. and French standards. Most lunch entrees are about $10- $15 . Dinner options, such as lamb dishes run higher, just only a few are about $30.
Also, to note... valet service is available and parking in the lot is about $2.50-$3. Try to park along the street or surrounding neighborhood for free. The Echo Park lake is walking distance from the restaurant. Take a nice stroll here!
Favorite Dish: Sandwich de Pointrine de Poluet Grille (just a fancy way to say Chicken sandwich :-) ... just enough, not too filling but a French-petit meal.
Address: 1911 Sunset Blvd.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Echo Park area
Phone: 213 484-1265
More Restaurants in Los Angeles (34)
More Reviews (200)
- See All Get From Terminal to Terminal with LAX...
- See All Appreciate Architecture of DTLA...
- See All Roll Down Robertson for Lux Fash
- See All Self-Tour Arts District
- See All Discover Culture & Events on the...
- See All (Re)Discover Historic Shrine
- See All Bike a Delicious Meal Off Free Here by...
- See All Get your Talk Radio, Traffic...
- See All Pack Patience in or along busy Fairfax
- See All Don't Get "Lost" in Hawaiian Gardens!...
- See All OK to stay if ... (Inglewood)
- See All Wear Shades and Sunscreen
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels