"Virginia in fall colours!" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Favorite Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Favorites: 94 reviews and 136 photos
Favorite thing: In the middle of October I amazed pretty fall colours of leaves although it was 1-2 weeks before the peak of fall colours including the Appalachian Mountains. Typical fall foliage peak color periods for Virginia varies from 10-20 October in western Virginia (Appalachian Mountains) to 21-30 October in eastern Atlantic Coastal Plain. Check it here.
Fondest memory: In my country, Poland, leaves on each tree are one-colorued or almost one-coloured in the fall: yellowish, redish or still green. I was surprised to see different colour: from bright green through bright yellow to bright red on each particular branch of some trees. I have never seen it before. Well, it's surely not unique to Virginia but I have seen these trees for the first time in Richmond and Williamsburg. Virginia in fall colors looks amazing!
More Reviews (140)
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels