"Mount Vernon - Horses of G. Washington" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Off The Beaten Path: 97 reviews and 264 photos
I saw a few horses grazing behind a fence of a pasture close to Washington's famous barn in Mount vernon. Horses were used for transportation both people and loads and other works in Mount Vernon. Especially they worked in the barn.
I got to know that George Washington lived with and among animals and horses from his early years. In Mount Vernon he had many dogs (a few lived in a house), a few birds and a few horses used for hunting. His famous horses Nelson ("battle horse") and Blueskin (hunting horse) retired in Mount Vernon after the Revolutionary War.
Phone: +1 (703) 780-2000
More Off The Beaten Path in Virginia (26)
More Reviews (123)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels