"Fairfax - Historic downtown" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Off The Beaten Path: 97 reviews and 264 photos
Fairfax is an independent city of only 21,498 people (2000) forming an enclave within the confines of over 1-million Fairfax County west of Washingtin, DC and Arlington, Virginia. It's certainly not an off the beaten off but City of Fairfax in Fairfax County that is a synonym for horrible suburban sprawl is mostly skipped by most visitors.
It has a compact historic downtown (Main St.) and is a home to George Mason University (GMU) when Nobel Prize-winning economists James M. Buchanan (1986) and Vernon Smith (2002) teach numerous students. My friend Nat (b1bob) from Mechanicsville, Virginia is graduated from GMU which has become the largest public university in the state of Virginia (about 30,000 students). My other VT-friend, Kent (Kentbein) lived in Fairfax in 2004. I was very happy to meet them both personally.
Phone: +1 (703) 385-8414
More Off The Beaten Path in Virginia (26)
More Reviews (123)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels