"Hills of Piedmont" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Off The Beaten Path: 97 reviews and 264 photos
I took these pictures of green hills somewhere along US-11 close to Natural Bridge. I've seen cows grazing on meadows and single both new and more picturesque old houses. I found this landscape of relatively low, rolling hills typical for agricultural region of Virginia's Piedmont.
I know the word Piedmont (Piemonte) from Italy, whose meaning is to the feet of the mountains because of its characteristic geographical position, a plain surrounded by the Alps.
In the USA Piedmont is the plateau region of the eastern United States which lies between the Atlantic Coastal Plain, from which it is divided by the fall line, and the eastern mountain ranges, the Appalachian Mountains (Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia).
More Off The Beaten Path in Virginia (26)
More Reviews (123)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels