"Oh yummy joghurt drink :-))" Top 5 Page for this destination Bukhara Restaurant Tip by Trekki

Bukhara Restaurants: 24 reviews and 40 photos

• Oh yummy joghurt drink :-)) - Bukhara
      Chaka chulup - yoghurt drink :-))
    by Trekki
      First class view from the restaurant
    by Trekki

By now, you readers of my writings about Bukhara already should have got the idea that I love yoghurt :-) And this implies yoghurt drinks, the ones I know as "lassie" from Indian restaurants. Obviously they also serve these drinks in Uzbekistan ! And obviously, Uzbekistan yoghurt is the best I had so far (well, until I came to the Pamirs, but this was later during my summer travels). It is sour and has a just delicious taste !

When I was waiting for the evening to arrive in Bukhara to get some nice shots at Kaylon Square, I was looking for a place to stay (and to find a decent toilet..) and found this lovely restaurant just at the square. As you can see on the pictures, it is the best spot to spend the time and wait for sunsets to arrive ! From the little balcony upstairs I could watch the square and the buildings until light was at its best.

Favorite Dish: Their menu sounded delicious as well, and I was all over excited to read that they had this lassie style drink available ! They call it "Chaka Chulup", so this was what I have ordered. I even ordered two of them, as it tasted ahh so delicious !
What I didn't noticed or thought about was the ice cubes.... They gave me the **** later, in the fullest sense of the word !
However, I am not 100% sure if it was this drink, but it was the only time I had ice cubes in anything I ate or drank in Bukhara.
I do not blame it on the restaurant, and please, dear readers and future visitors of Bukhara, also don't panic when reading this – it is not the restaurants fault, but our whimpy western stomages, which are used to plastic food and overdoses of vitamins and antibiotics, which make us go **** after having had something with ice cubes abroad.
Please go and have your drinks and meals at this restaurant, BUT order the drink(s) without ice cubes.

(Prices and full name of the restaurant later, when I have access to my travel diary again).

Address: Bukhara, at Kaylon Square
Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Jan 2, 2007

Comments

Trekki

“Don't spend your life playing the role that others have chosen for you ;-)”

Have you been to Bukhara?