"Luray - Vintage cars" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Things to Do: 263 reviews and 701 photos
My ticket to Luray Caverns (it cost $19) included self-guided tour to the Car & Carriage Caravan Museum located in relatively small, seperate building. To my surprise there are over 100 cars, carriages and coaches dating back to 1725 in the museum.
The fantastic, often very rare cars I saw in the museum made my day. I've seen 1892 Benz, one of the oldest cars in the USA still in operating condition, a 1913 Stanley Steamer, Rudolph Valentino's 1925 Rolls Royce and many other beautiful cars including those of completely unknown to me names: Speedwell, Orient, Riley, Knox, Winton, Middleby, Delaunay-Belleville, Locomobile, Maxwell, Hupmobile, Metz, Stanley and Cord. Details: follow the link below.
Address: 970 US Highway 211 West, Luray, Virginia 22835
Directions: In the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, 15 min. east of I-81: take exit 264 to US-211 East and follow the direction signs to Luray Caverns.
Phone: +1 (540) 743-6551
More Things to Do in Virginia (29)
More Reviews (120)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels