"Williamsburg - Colonial architecture" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Things to Do: 263 reviews and 701 photos
Colonial Williamsburg, the historic district of the city of Williamsburg mostly consists of the buildings (over 500) that comprised the original colonial capital of Wlliamsburg.
My eyes enjoyed looking at pretty colonial architecture and locals costumed in colonial dresses. My ears heard colonial music. My nose felt the 18th century aromas, my mouth wanted to taste colonial food although financial center of my brain warned me: do not over-pay, you just started quite expensive trip and already spent $90 for 2 tickets :-).
Among numerous colonial houses I enjoyed in particular:
1. George Wythe House where the independence of the colony was planned
2. Bruton Parish Episcopal Church
4. George Pitt House built ca 1717-1719
5. George Reid House - eccentric in times of stricly symmetrical Georgian houses (late 1700s).
Details: follow the link below.
Address: +1 (757) 229-1000
Directions: In southeastern Virginia halfway between Virginia's capitol Richmond and Norfolk (and Virginia Beach at the Atlantic Coast). It's 150 miles south of US capital, Washington, DC.
Phone: +1 (757) 229-1000
More Things to Do in Virginia (29)
More Reviews (120)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels