"Charlottesville - Michie Tavern" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Things to Do Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Things to Do: 263 reviews and 701 photos
Michie Tavern, located on the way to Monticello, is a Virginia Historic Landmark that was established in 1784 by Scotsman William Michie. The Tavern served as the social center of its community and provided travelers with food, drink and lodging. Nowadays they offer tours (the original inn and the Virginia Wine Museum), dining (all-you-can-eat southern buffet based on 18th century recipes) and shopping (gifts, crafts, clothier shop and the Printer's Market, offering newspapers, money, and other early American printed items).
Address: 683 T. Jefferson Parkway, Charlottesville,VA 22902
Directions: Drive VA-20 South (Monticello Ave.) and turn left to VA-53 just after crossing I-64, the tavern is 1 mile up on the right.
Phone: +1 (434) 977-1234
More Things to Do in Virginia (29)
More Reviews (120)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels