VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Lowenbrau Keller: "Lowenbrau Keller" Top 5 Page for this destination Rocks and Circular Quay Restaurants Tip by cjg1

Liz & I (March 2010)

Liz & I (March 2010)
      October 2007
      Our nice cold beer
      Loving my liter
      Liz enjoys a cold one
    by cjg1

This is one of the few places I have been to every time I come to town. Yes, it is a big "tourist" spot but even locals are drawn here for food and drinks. I love the atmosphere and the liters of Spaten. Located right next to the Rocks Sydney Visitor’s Center on Argyle Street it’s just a place I always find myself for at least a few beers per trip.

I must admit it doesn’t get to be much more than one or two though as its only a liter and they charge $19. You can get the same amount of beer just down the street for $12 to $14. And that adds up quick. So I go and enjoy one or two and then move on.

The nice thing here is that they do have a large our-door seating area with bench tables and also individual tables and then inside a couple large rooms. So the atmosphere will be one where you can easily relax. In fact I would say this is one of my favorites to hit when in Sydney.

Favorite Dish: The beer is always good. I enjoy a nice liter of Spaten while Liz has pretzels with her beer. The pretzels here are quite nice; warm and soft with the right amount of salt.

Address: Corner of Playfair & Argyle Streets, The Rocks
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 61 2 9247 7785
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: German/Austrian
Website: http://www.lowenbrau.com.au/

• Updated Jun 16, 2010

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Sydney?