"Sly McFly's - Cannery Row" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos

Sly McFly's is known for its nightlife, so maybe we should've known better than to have lunch there... We walked in on a Sunday afternoon during the NASCAR Chase and Major League Baseball playoffs, so I just assumed one of these sports would be on at least one TV. No, the TVs were all set to some sorry football game that was about 16-3 in the fourth quarter, and no one was watching. Do you think they'd change even just one TV to the race or a ball game, even after we asked twice? Nope. Poor customer service.

I had a tasty grilled fish sandwich and Laura had an awesome bread bowl full of clam chowder. Our meals, including two beers ran an expensive $30, but we would have stuck around for at least another hour if they'd been willing to change the TVs. Instead we ate, then headed back to my apartment to watch the race. I'll never go to this place again when I want to catch some sports during my meal.

Funny thing is the place has a race car theme, but they refused to show the race.

The Monterey County Weekly "Best Of 2006 Readers' Picks" named Sly McFly's as the best Club for Blues in Monterey County!

Address: Cannery Row
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Prescott St & Cannery Row, 1 Block from the Aquarium
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Updated Jan 31, 2007

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Monterey?