"Khiva’s landmarks – 3 colorful minaretts" Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Local Custom Tip by Trekki
Khiva Local Customs: 6 reviews and 17 photos
Khiva's old city is no place to get lost; it is just too small. But, while wandering through the streets, peaking in here or there, walking into the smaller streets, you might have lost yourself in the city.
But – it is still not possible to get lost, as Khiva is nice enough to have these three landmarks, which will show you where you are and where you want to go next.
Certainly, Islom Xo'ja's minaret is the biggest in Khiva, and its colour is not to be missed. It stands in the southeast, and maybe you might even see the blue dome of Pahlavon mausoleum close to it.
Juma mosque's minaret is not as big as Islom Xo'ja, but still quite big and easy to see. It stands more or less in the middle of the east-west main street.
And finally Kalta Minor, the big fat meant-to-be minaret close to the west gate shows you where is west.
More Local Customs in Khiva (1)
More Reviews (29)
- See All Khiva – and visiting Ichon Q'ala
- If you think you need to shop in Khiva..
- Travel light !
- No warnings or dangers in Khiva !
- Simply be prepared (not a real trap)
- Well, nightlife the Khiva way
- Hotel Islambek – nice, central and clean
- See All Chaikhana Zarafshon – the best of all
- See All Exquisite tile work – don’t miss to...
- Take the plane – Urgench is near
- Watch out for all the smaller minaretts
Been to Khiva?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Khiva?Share Your Travels
Latest Khiva hotel reviews
- Hotel Islambek
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 28, 2013