"Islom Xo'ja ? don?t miss inside and yard" Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Things to Do Tip by Trekki
Khiva Things to Do: 116 reviews and 392 photos
You should not miss the museum inside of Islom Xo?ja madrassah, as it exhibits a very good overview of Khiva?s artwork for which it is so famous. The museum is consisting of several rooms connected to each other and displays beautiful woodwork (big pillars and the door in picture 4), jewellery, pottery and carpets. It is also quite cool inside; the air conditioning did work well (and I was happy).
Before you head out in the burning sun again, you might like to relax a bit in the shady madrassah?s courtyard. It is quiet here, it seems that most of the visitors are quite in a hurry for the next city sight.
Address: Khiva, Ichon Q'ala
Directions: Southeast of Khiva?s (east-west) main street, you can?t miss the minaret.
Coordinates on GoogleEarth:
More Things to Do in Khiva (14)
More Reviews (16)
- See All Khiva ? and visiting Ichon Q'ala
- If you think you need to shop in Khiva..
- Travel light !
- No warnings or dangers in Khiva !
- Simply be prepared (not a real trap)
- Well, nightlife the Khiva way
- Hotel Islambek ? nice, central and clean
- See All Khiva?s landmarks ? 3 colorful minaretts
- See All Chaikhana Zarafshon ? the best of all
- Take the plane ? Urgench is near
- Watch out for all the smaller minaretts
Been to Khiva?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Khiva?Share Your Travels