"Once upon a time??." Top 5 Page for this destination Khiva Things to Do Tip by Trekki
Khiva Things to Do: 116 reviews and 392 photos
?. there was brutality and terror during the Khans' governments. A lot of people have been thrown into jail (the Zindon) and killed later.
We are continuing our walking tour in Khiva now turning left (north) from Kalta Minor to head direction Ark. In front of the Ark, we see a big plaza, separating the fortress from Madrassah Muhammend Rakhim Khan II (1871).
In the middle of this plaza there is still the deep square shaped pit, where death sentences have been executed.
Even if some people say I am quite bloody-minded, shivers ran down my spine imagining all the murder and blood here.
Address: Khiva, Ichon Q?ala
Directions: Head north from Kalta Minor; it is the next big plaza 50 m from the short minaret.
Coordinates on GoogleEarth:
41°22?42,79?? N; 60°21?31,42?? E
More Things to Do in Khiva (14)
More Reviews (16)
- See All Khiva ? and visiting Ichon Q'ala
- If you think you need to shop in Khiva..
- Travel light !
- No warnings or dangers in Khiva !
- Simply be prepared (not a real trap)
- Well, nightlife the Khiva way
- Hotel Islambek ? nice, central and clean
- See All Khiva?s landmarks ? 3 colorful minaretts
- See All Chaikhana Zarafshon ? the best of all
- Take the plane ? Urgench is near
- Watch out for all the smaller minaretts
Been to Khiva?Share your travels with the world!
Trekki's Related Pages
Have you been to Khiva?Share Your Travels