"What a great place for local beer!" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitehorse Local Custom Tip by PA2AKgirl

Whitehorse Local Customs: 12 reviews and 15 photos

perfect label:)
by PA2AKgirl

If you've read any of my pages, you know I like to try the local beer. It could have the worst reputation in the world and I'd still try it. Fortunately, the Yukon Brewing Company makes great beer. Shirts say, "Beer worth freezin' for" and it's true:) The one we tried was Yukon Gold which is pretty good--it has a unique taste which is uncommon for smaller breweries. Sometimes you try them and you think one place makes it in a central location and adds different labels (and this happens--particularly with restaurants who claim to have their own beer) but this has a distinct flavor I don't believe can be copied.
It's served widely around Whitehorse (as it's brewed and bottled there) and according to their website, across Canada and into the US but I haven't seen it anywhere else. Need to look harder, I guess...
Their website is VERY funny and reflects the humor we came across in the Yukon...take a look.

Website: http://www.yukonbeer.com/

• Written Oct 6, 2006

More Local Customs in Whitehorse (1)

Comments

PA2AKgirl

“A pet should not have a wardrobe”

Have you been to Whitehorse?