"October/November fog" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Warnings Or Dangers Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Warnings and Dangers: 24 reviews and 24 photos
Watch for morning fog whenever you drive in October or November, especially in areas close to huge Virginian rivers (the James River, the New River) and in the Appalachian Mountains.
Once I had a foggy morning in Northern Virginia in late October. Blue Ridge Mountains in Shenandoah National Park were covered by fog, thick fog at some places in upper parts. So, I could not amaze spectacular views at numerous overlooks along Skyline Drive.
Well, I again discovered that:
- pictures taken during foggy weather are more interesting than those taken at bright sunny day;
- many animals which are active at daytime hide in a shadow during hot, sunny days and are easier to meet only at sunrise and sunset, in a foggy day they are easier to see during the whole day;
- lack of visitors at foggy weather may be a plus as well.
So, keep smiling and enjoy the nature whatever weather you catch.
Weather in longer time period is unpredictable. If you can plan and change date of your visit check in advance 10-day weather forecast for Shenandoah and Luray. For peak fall colours of leaves in various parts of Eastern USA from Maine to Georgia watch Weather Channel. Usually it's about half of October in Shenandoah National Park.
More Warnings and Dangers in Virginia (9)
More Reviews (140)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels