Skyland Lodge Craft Shop: "Shenandoah National Park - Gifts" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Shopping Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Shopping: 39 reviews and 87 photos
This relatively small gift shop is located at Skyland Lodge that is at the highest point on Skyline Drive (elevation 3680 ft, 1122 m). It's open from 8 am until 9 pm (!) and offers different items, including various gifts and souvenirs like ceramics, paintings as well as jars with some local food (jam, honey).
I found the location and architecture of wooden-stone building of the lodge more interesting than items sold in the shop. The building is listed on the Virginia Landmarks Register and the National Register of Historic Places.
What to buy: I didn't buy anything and didn't like most of the stuff offered in the shop. Although I paid attention to little jars with local jam and honey.
What to pay: Despite very touristy location prices in this gift shop were mostly reasonable.
Address: P.O. Box 727; Luray, Virginia 22835
Directions: At mile 41.7 on Skyline Drive turn westwards. Map here, more detailed one here.
Phone: +1 (800) 778-2851
More Shopping in Virginia (11)
More Reviews (138)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Mechanicsville - Nat's neighbourhood
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels