"Quality, as expected" Hilton Munich City Tip by Sunshine64

Hilton Munich City, Munich: 2,363 reviews and 11 photos

Hilton Munich City
by Sunshine64

The Hilton offers reliable, quality accomodations and a (mostly) friendly staff. It's conveniently located on the main subway route (all the lines run between the Hilton and Marienplatz and the Hauptbanhof), and the Rosenheimer stop actually has a doorway directly into the hotel. (Follow the signs.)

The rooms are nice and big, and the beds are firm and comfortable. The bathroom was also good sized, and the whole place was immaculately clean. All the ammenities you'd expect: hair dryer, safe, toiletries (by Crabtree and Evelyn - they smelled good!), etc.

Front desk staff was quite friendly. Concierge was a little terse, but I don't think he was very excited about shipping my Oktoberfest steins to the US :)

My only complaint was the temperature in the room. It was unseasonably warm in Munich, and we could not get it cool enough in the room. And the only covering on the bed was a HEAVY comforter. Friends in another room seemed to be able to cool theirs off, so it may have just been an issue with the AC in our room or on our floor.

(I redeemed Hilton points for the room, but I believe it would have been well over $200 USD if we had to pay.)

Address: Rosenheimer Strasse 15
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +49-89-48040
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MUCCHTW

• Updated Oct 4, 2006

“Leap, and the net will appear”

Have you been to Munich?