"view from the Bastion and statues" Top 5 Page for this destination Fisherman's Bastion - Halaszbastya Tip by 1courage
Fisherman's Bastion - Halaszbastya, Budapest: 166 reviews and 353 photos
In the main picture of this tip, you can see the view from the Bastion to the South.
The other pics are as follows:
2. Equestrian statue of Saint Stephen, Hungary`s first king. Work of Alajos Stróbl (1906)
3. Monk Julianus. The statue represents the monastic, who went by foot to search the old land of the hungarians, Magna Hungaria, and the hungarians that remained there in Middle Asia. This all occured in the XIII. century, when he, with his friend, who died because of the scourges of this long trip, walked towsands and towsands of kilometers. This composition is work of the sculptor, Károly Antal (1937)
4. The monument of Hunyadi János, father of king Matthias. Work of István Tóth. (1903)
5.Statue of Saint George. The original of this sculpture was made by the hungarian Kolozsváry brothers and you can find it in Prague. This was a gift of King Matthias to the czech king. This one, you see on my image, is a perfect copy of that sculpture.
Address: Castle District (Varhegy) in Buda
Directions: It can be reached by the Castle bus (Varbusz) from Moszkva ter.
Phone: +36 1 458 3030
More Things to Do in Budapest (132)
More Reviews (145)
- See All The ex- Palace of the Post
- See All The Zrinyi street
- Swimming pools on the Margareth island
- Madamme Pompadour`s bar
- See All Chess playing in the thermal water
1courage's Related Pages
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels