Hotel Mouna: "Good Basic Hotel" Nouakchott Hotel Tip by hongkong88

Nouakchott Hotels: 9 reviews and 29 photos

Spent almost a month there in the summer of 2006. For less than half the price of the Novotel you get good value. The rooms are plain but clean. larger than average with a small balcony but it's usually too hot out in the summer to use them. Its on De Gaulle Ave and within walking distance of the Novotel and several good restaurants, including a good Moroccan place jusr down De Gaulle. Also you can walk to the best market/department store in town (Salim's (sp?)). Don't get me wrong it's not five star but it's good enough. There is a basic continental breakfast every morning with breads, cheese, butter and eggs made to order (no meat). I only had dinner there once and my spagetti was good but my partner's beef was tough. Don't worry there are plenty of places to get better food no too far away (we had a car and I'm talking only a 5/10 minute drive to most places in town. The lobby "bar" serves softdrinks, no alcohol. TV has about 6 channels. Only one, MBC2 is in English and shows movies (most not very good) 24/7. We had BBC International news but lost it while I was there for some reason.

Unique Qualities: Supposed to have wifi but the system was down while we were there and you had to go down to use one jack in the lobby.

Address: on Charles DeGalle not far from Novotel or the Main intersection with the traffic light.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Downtown.
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Oct 24, 2006

Comments

hongkong88

“Enter trite catchphrase here”

Have you been to Nouakchott?