"Stay in a key in-between city: Norwalk (L.A. co)" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path Tip by marinarena
Los Angeles Off The Beaten Path: 352 reviews and 621 photos
Though not the most ideal place judging from appearances only, Norwalk is a consideration for a stay in the Los Angeles area.
4 reasons to consider staying in Norwalk:
She is ...
about equidistant to LA(downtown) and Disneyland area.
connected to multiple freeway and major highways (5, 105, 605 fwys, Imperial Hwy)
a Metrolink stop (shared with Santa Fe Springs) for easily connecting to downtown LA (30 min travel+-) and Anaheim/Orange (20 -25 min+-)
a Metro Green Line rail station, enabling passengers to go conveniently to LAX.
major hotels right off the freeway. (30 min to LAX by rail+-)
True, true, there are some parts of the city that are badly unkept. Don't expect to see pretty sidewalks and buildings (Try to head to nearby Whitter and Cerritos for this). She is regular blah town, U.S.A- well, unless one considers a few things: Norwalk is deemed essential to one Arnold Schwartzenegger. Here is home to the main LA Registrar of Voters office. So important is the registrar building along Imperial Hwy, that Arnold came here to rally for support to during his campaign to be governor of California a few years back.
There is not much excitement here but it's not a ghost town by any means. For things to do- there is the nice town center with fun at the movies (AMC 20 theater) and decent eateries for dining. These are located in the main and most attractive part of the town.
Norwalk has a particularly Latino feel and makeup, and is very convenient for Spanish speakers. However, there is some ethnic diversity.
Overall, marked Norwalk on your city list to stay for an LA/D-Land adventure!
More Off The Beaten Path in Los Angeles (34)
More Reviews (200)
- See All Get From Terminal to Terminal with LAX...
- See All Have a Clean, Sweet Slice of Tomato Pie
- See All Appreciate Architecture of DTLA...
- See All Roll Down Robertson for Lux Fash
- See All Discover Culture & Events on the...
- See All (Re)Discover Historic Shrine
- See All Bike a Delicious Meal Off Free Here by...
- See All Get your Talk Radio, Traffic...
- See All Pack Patience in or along busy Fairfax
- See All Don't Get "Lost" in Hawaiian Gardens!...
- See All OK to stay if ... (Inglewood)
- See All Wear Shades and Sunscreen
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels