"Statues in the Royal Palace" Top 5 Page for this destination Buda Castle - Royal Palace Tip by 1courage
Buda Castle - Royal Palace, Budapest: 164 reviews and 374 photos
Fortunately we can still see all the nice bronze statues in the courts of the Royal Palace. These masterpieces were all made at the beginning of the XX.century.
1.The Turul statue- the mythic bird of the hungarians created by Gyula Donáth (1905)
2.The fishing boys (1901)
3.The Matthias-fountain. This amazing staute-group is work of the sculptor, Alajos Stróbl (1904) . You find it on the western side of the Palace and this is the most famous of all the others.
4..The "Csikós" statue was made by György Vastag (1902). Before the second World War this statue stood in a lower court of the Palace and has been moved after 1945 from it`s original place to the centre of the Western court.
5. The Szavojai or Di Savoya equestrian statue (created by József Róna in1900) that represents a battle scene in Zenta is a fine neobaroque work. Originally this sculpture was bespoken by the town of Zenta that couldn`t pay it. This is why Hauszmann decided to buy it and place it right in front of the cupola of the Palace.
Directions: Castle district-Courts of the Royal Palace
More Things to Do in Budapest (132)
More Reviews (145)
- See All The ex- Palace of the Post
- See All The Zrinyi street
- Swimming pools on the Margareth island
- Madamme Pompadour`s bar
- See All Chess playing in the thermal water
1courage's Related Pages
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels