"From Tarrekaise to Såmmarlappa" Padjelanta Nationalpark Things to Do Tip by sim1

Padjelanta Nationalpark Things to Do: 10 reviews and 36 photos

At Tarrekaise

At Tarrekaise
      Between Tarrekaise and Såmmarlappa

Late morning, Saturday 22 July 2006, 11:00 o'clock
Location: At Tarrekaise, beside lake Tarraure / Darrávrre

Today we have a relatively easy hike in front of us, only 13 kilometres and the terrain doesn't look too challenging. The perfect excuse to make a lazy start to the day, and leave our campground a bit later then usual. The sun is shining brightly bringing us into a good mood. I toss my backpack on my back again and it feels lighter then before, I most be getting used to the weight! Hahaha, or maybe it is because we ate up some of the supplies ;-)

The hike of today is easy, and the second part of the day is without a doubt the most beautiful! After having hiked through the forest most of the day, the landscape finally opens up. The surface isn't an easy hiking trail anymore (over lots of boardwalk and a nice even trail through the grass), but instead we walk over a somewhat uneven rocky surface. In front of us the views open up, and our hiking speed goes down considerably. We've reached the 'Fjällen' speed.

We don't go slower because the trail is difficult, or because we are tired. Neither are the backpacks too heavy or we need a break. No, the reason is something totally different. We finally have left civilization behind us, not only in the sense of surrounding, but also mentally. In this enormous empty mountain area, there is no urge to haste and hurry on. There is no reason to run and be at a place before a certain time. Here you are to enjoy, to soak in the surroundings, its immense beauty and to relax the mind. This is Fjällen' speed, leaving the hasty life behind and finally come to ease. We pause often during this part of the hike, just to sit on one of the big boulders on the side of the trail, while we enjoy and stare over the landscape displayed in front of us.

You can read more on my Såmmarlappakåtan page about my this third leg of the hike

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1c048/2b564/

• Updated Feb 25, 2007

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Padjelanta Nationalpark?