"Mirachoro Hotel II & III Portimao" Hotel Algarve Tip by ralphoo

Hotel Algarve, Portimão: 754 reviews and 1 photos

Making a booking I was totally aware that this hotel was 3 star rated but I must say, I expected some more.
What's most important, the room we've got was simply dirty. Hair and sand on the floor, sticky furniture surfaces and smelly wardrobe. But the bathroom was even worse! Black coating in the bath tube corners and the mirror together with the underneath shelf made me sick. They both seemed like they haven't been touched after previous guests! And I'm sorry but I consider that unacceptable!
The whole room looked like it was built and equipped 20 years ago. I don't think they did much when renovated that place in 2004 (as description says). One can say I'm very demanding but the shabby sofa bed in the living room and worn out kitchen cupboards really need to be changed. Not to mention about extremely creaky beds! Nothing in that room worked properly - from howling pipes to burnt-out lightbulbs.
Overall - the hotel is a good location, not very far from the beach with nice multilingual staff. They are cheap, it's true but I know something about hotel standards and I know how 3 star hotel should look like. And you wouldn't call not having a phone in a room a standard, would you ;) Or no air con in such a hot place (well, maybe that's what the balcony is for)?
If only they clean better and think of some refurbishment and I would say they're good value for money. But believe me, I can't!

Address: Praia Da Rocha
Phone: +351 282 402 000
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.solverde.pt/

• Written Sep 29, 2006

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Portimão?