P.J. Clarke's: "Great Place For Lunch in the City" Top 5 Page for this destination P.J. Clarke's Tip by deecat

P.J. Clarke's, Chicago: 1 reviews and 3 photos

Outdoor eating at P.J. Clarke's
      Outdoor eating at P.J. Clarke's
      Corner Sign for P.J. Clarke's
      My Sandwich and Onion Strings at P.J. Clarke's
    by deecat

Be sure to check out the "hidden photographs also

On Tuesday, September 26, 2006, my husband Allan and I ate lunch atP..J. Clarke's%c* on the Goldcoast. There are two locations for P.J. Clarke's. The other location is in Lincoln Park on East Illinois Street.

We were in Chicago to get my "Senior Pass for the RTA" and to visit the Italian Tourist Burea for our upcoming Italian trip.

We had taken the Red Line to get the pass, and then we took the red line again to go to Michigan Avenue for the Italian information. We accidentally went the wrong way to go back to the red line, and that is why we ended up eating at P.J. Clarke's!

I thought it was a sandwich place and had no idea that it was a German Restaurant. To celebrate Octoberfest, they had several specials.

The non-smoking area is toward the back of the place, and we were seated at a table for two. It was crowded because it was about 1:00 p.m. The service was fair, a little slow, but efficient. Our waiter was pleasant and helpful.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a diet coke with two slices of lemon, their delicious two-cheese Grilled Cheese sandwich and their famous "Onion Strings". I usually do not eat such high calorie, greasy food; however, I made an exception with this order. And, it was worth it. Quite delicious, indeed. The "strings" were crispy, just as I like them.

Allan ordered a special of a Grilled Reuben, and it came with German Potato pancakes. He agreed that the sandwich was wonderful, but he was not too impressed with the pancakes. Compared to other German Restaurants that he has tried, these particular pancakes did not make the grade.

Needless to say, we were both quite full when we left to go back to the Red Line.

Address: 1204 N. State Parkway, Chicago, IL 60610
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (312)670-7500
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: German/Austrian
Website: http://www.pjclarkeschicago.com

• Updated Sep 27, 2006

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?