"The Best Views in Buda" Budapest Hotel Tip by robson-rudd

Budapest Hotel, Budapest: 625 reviews and 5 photos

Arrived early so had a beer and sandwich in the Hotel's coffee house while we waited. When the room was ready a porter brought us our key to where we were sat and - when we were ready - took our luggage up to the room for us (tip was essential but modest - I gave 200 HUF). The Hotel Lobby was clean and welcoming and the Staff were friendly. The lifts were terrific in the day and in the evening but a bit of nightmare at breakfast time. I took the stairs most mornings to avoid the hassle of waiting. The room was clean and perfectly functional - the view across the Buda Hills was superb. During our stay Staff were friendly - almost all spoke English. The lady that worked the Bar / Coffee House even took the time to help us with our rudimentary Hungarian! Breakfast was included in the price and was good value for money. Hungarian fare sat alongside cheese, meet, bread and cereals. All was tasty - although if it's Sausage, egg and bacon your after I'd stay at home if I were you!

Unique Qualities: The view was fantastic and it's unique cylindrical shape made it easy to spot from the plane!

Address: Szilagyi Erzsebet Fazor 47.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 36 1 889 4200
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.danubiushotels.com/budapest

• Written Sep 27, 2006

robson-rudd's Related Pages

Ranked Member

Have you been to Budapest?