"Best for Families" Monterey Bay Aquarium Tip by newsphotogirl

Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey: 58 reviews and 113 photos

Hmmm, everyone I know suggested we see the Monterey Aquarium. I've been to the Baltimore Aquarium (when I lived there) and the Denver Aquarium (when I lived there) and I can honestly say that while the Monterey Aquarium is nice, it wasn't that much better than the other ones. The Baltimore Aquarium was the nicest of the three. If you've never been to an aquarium or if you have kids by all means go. The kids we saw were having a blast. Otherwise I say skip it. There is so much to do in Monterey/Carmel why stay indoors.

The aquarium was packed while we were there. It was almost impossible to get a view of the otter tank. My favorite area was the jellyfish exhibit and the pengiuns were cute. I also enjoyed the touch tank where you could handle starfish, crabs and stingrays. After fighting the crowds for an hour my husband and I were ready to leave.

My two big pieces of advice. Buy your tickets online. We waited about 30 minutes in line just to buy tickets. Go during non-peak times. You will enjoy the experience so much more. It was seriously crowded while we were there.

Address: 886 Cannery Row,
Directions: Cannery Row area
Phone: (831) 648-4800
Website: http://www.mbayaq.org/

• Updated Sep 26, 2006

More Things to Do in Monterey (1)

Comments

newsphotogirl

“"que tout ce que vous faites se passe avec amour"”

Have you been to Monterey?