"..." Fremont Troll Tip by Phalaenopsis03

Fremont Troll, Seattle: 6 reviews and 11 photos

I'm all about public art and so when I read about the Fremont Troll, I had to go check it out for myself. Designed by local Seattleites for the Fremont Arts Council, this creepy 18 foot sculpture can be found hidden beneath the Aurora Bridge in the funky neighborhood of Fremont. With one shiny eye glaring at you and its left hand holding an actual VW bug, the Fremont Troll is really a cool piece of art. Great for photos!

If taking public transportation, which I did, take the #26 bus from 3rd and Pine in downtown. Get off on the first stop after the bridge (it was a numbered street, 39th or something). This is where it gets tricky, so when you get off, you may want to ask around. Anyway, I crossed the street, walked under a bridge, and made my way to 36th St. where I made a left and walked up the hill. At the top of the hill is the Aurora Bridge and underneath it to your left is the troll.

Give yourself some time in Fremont for exploration because just a few blocks away from the troll is the largest statue of Lenin in the U.S. and other pieces of public art. Funny thing, but on leaving Fremont, I bumped into a couple from my hostel who basically had the same Fremont itinerary as me, i.e., troll, Lenin, Blue C Sushi. What a kawinky dink! Together, we ended up taking a different bus back to our hostel in downtown. It was a fun day all around.

Address: N. 36th St., Seattle, WA 98103
Directions: Under the Aurora Bridge on 36th St. Also, don't be afraid to ask around. Fremonters are very nice and friendly.
Website: http://www.fremontseattle.com/myths/trolledit.htm

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated Sep 25, 2006

Comments

Phalaenopsis03

“I breathe to travel and travel to breathe.”

Have you been to Seattle?