"Da-Keng walking, spas and restaurants" Top 5 Page for this destination T'ai-chung Things to Do Tip by matt_of_asia

T'ai-chung Things to Do: 50 reviews and 132 photos

Well, Da Keng is a big area and there is a lot to do. Its nice because it has trees and mountains all around you, and its only 20mins from central taichung by scooter. probably 45 by car. (I am a mad mad driver like most scooters- insanity is the only protection we have.)

I generally like to get up to here and scoot around and look interesting looking places to stop. On occassion I actually even hike some of the easier trails, like trail 7 or 8.

More difficult pain lover trails include #4, which taiwanese love. And I dont. But if you like steep stairs and hot sun hitting you like anvil, and you wish to pay for your sin early, hey go ahead. I think its called 4 cuz it is the trail of death. Trail 2 is a bit better but not by much. Trails 1, 3, 5 and 6 i actually have never done... owell. I think its mostly because my wife is lazy. And so am I LOL. But there are several good hikes to be done.

Another good place to wander is any temple you pass by. There are a few.

Spas and hot springs also advertise heavily around here. If you have a significant other you can spend a couple thousand NT and rent a room at a spa to spend some time with them. Its a good thing. Watch out for the 'sex chairs' inside the rooms -they are an interesting looking combination of weight lifting machine and gyno chair.

A few ok restaurants exist here. near the central part of town, before you see the holy tree in the center of a traffic circle you can see a group of interesting looking restaurants with outdoor seating...

Address: Da-keng
Directions: Go north on Wenshin road. Drive and Drive and drive until you see mountains and trees and when you see the traffic circle with a big gnarly banyan inside it you are officially in da-keng.

• Written Sep 23, 2006

Comments

matt_of_asia Lives Here!

matt_of_asia

“Be nice. Have fun.”

Have you been to T'ai-chung?