Natural Bridge Gift Shop: "They sell Virginia's hospitality :-)" Natural Bridge Shopping Tip by matcrazy1

Natural Bridge Shopping: 1 reviews and 5 photos

HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, NATURAL BRIDGE GIFT SHOP

HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS, NATURAL BRIDGE GIFT SHOP
      NATURAL BRIDGE GIFT SHOP, ENTRANCE
    by matcrazy1

It's one of the largest gift stores I have seen in the USA. It offers various gifts, souvenirs, toys, apparel and home decor. A large classical building of the store was decorated before incoming Halloween. Inside I was again a bit surprised when I saw Christmas decorations sold in the middle of October. Well, it's not that rare in the USA.

What to buy: I paid attention to casual T-shirts with writings Natural Bridge Virginia and "I am a nature wonder" (for kids) and "Old as dirt". I liked some local food like jars of local homemade jams, especially pecan jam (we don't have pecans in Poland) as well as jam called "Virginia's Hospitality", haha what a name for jam! :-) There are also Virginia's peanuts packed in old-fashionable metal cans. Well, I would buy some "Virginia's hospitality" but I experienced enough hospitality in Virginia, for free.

What to pay: I always look at prices of casual T-shirts to judge general price level in any US gift store:
$5 - cheap
$10 - reasonable or average
$15 - expensive
$20 and over - very expensive, over-priced.
T-shirts for adults in Natural Bridge cost over $20! The local food which attracted me cost a lot as well.

Address: 6477 Lee Highway Natural Bridge, VA. 24578
Directions: In western Virginia, over 2 hours west of Richmond, and over 3 hours southwest of Washington, DC; off I-81: take exit 175 or 180 to US-11 (S. Lee Highway). Free parking lots are placed around the crossroad US-11 & VA-130.
othercontact: store@naturalbridgeva.com
Phone: +1 (540) 291-2121
Theme: Gifts

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Natural Bridge?