L.P. Steamers: "Crab Fest!" L.P. Steamers Tip by Dabs

L.P. Steamers, Baltimore: 8 reviews and 19 photos

The aftermath at Crab fest
by Dabs

L.P. Steamers was the venue chosen for the main event of BaltOberfest, Saturday night's crab fest. Although I've eaten plenty of crab in my lifetime, this was the first time I had eaten crabs in this fashion, they pour a load of Old Bay seasoned crabs on your brown paper covered table, hand you a mallet and a knife and then sit back and laugh at all the (virtual) tourists trying to figure out just how to eat this thing.

Our BaltOberfest hosts, some other locals and even the owner tried to give us a crab eating tutorial but it was too much for some of us landlubbers. And everyone had a different and unique method so in the end most of us seemed to be bashing them with our mallets much to the horror of the locals! But it was a blast even if I did end up picking shells out of most of my crab meat.

Address: 1100 E. Fort Avenue
Comparison: about average
Directions: I took the water taxi over and got off at Tidal Point. It looked like a 2 block walk on the water taxi map but turned out to be more like 10-12 blocks. Do yourself a favor and take a taxi.
Phone: 410-576-9294
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.lpsteamers.com

• Updated Jan 29, 2007

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Baltimore?