Zucchero e Pomodori: "Great Italian in the Upper Eastside" Top 5 Page for this destination Zucchero e Pomodori Tip by cjg1

Zucchero e Pomodori, New York City: 2 reviews and 0 photos

Best Of: Date, Italian.

Welcome to one of my favorite restaurants. I have been here several times over the past three or so years and each and every time I am left wondering why I don?t eat here every day. The food is some of the best Italian in a great atmosphere. This is one of my favorite date places. It is comfortable, quiet enough to talk but not silent and the food is sure to be a hit while not breaking the bank.

In short this is one of the best places for the money in New York. Open 12-11 for lunch and dinner and to midnights on Friday and Saturday they are here when you need that next great meal.

Favorite Dish: The best of the best as far as the food here goes was on the special menu on my first visit. It is a linguini with black dye. Absolutely fantastic. I strongly suggest starting with the Mozzarella Saporita. This is a wonderful boconccini wrapped in prosciutto with braised radicchio. Amazing. I am always, always impressed with this place.

Address: 1431 2nd Avenue
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: They are located on the west side of 2nd avenue between 74th and 75th streets.
Phone: 212-585-2100
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.zuccheroepomodorinyc.com

• Updated Oct 27, 2006

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to New York City?