"The Seattle Mariners" Baseball / Basketball Tip by peach93

Safeco Field

Safeco Field
      Safeco Field Sign
    by peach93

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a baseball freak. I can't get enough of it. I watch those "historical" games on ESPN during the winter. I even go to the park and watch the little league kids play. One of the things I like to do when I travel is to see baseball games, and the Seattle Mariners did not disappoint.

Well, they lost, but that isn't always the point in baseball. Sometimes it's just the experience that matters. The Mariners' Safeco Field is one of the nicest baseball stadiums I have ever been to. It's modern and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. The exits are large, decreasing the time it takes for large crowds to enter and exit from games. You can even see the field from all the concession stands. Pretty excellent.

Safeco Field also has a retractable roof, which mean no rain outs. Ticket prices there are also pretty reasonable, unlike those at some MLB stadiums.

The favorite player on the Mariners is Ichiro Suzuki, a former baseball star in Japan. He's a great player, one of the game's fastest runners. The greatest thing about Ichiro though is that he attracts thousands of Japanese tourists to the Mariners games. These guys are great to watch because they buy every single Mariners merchandise item with Ichiro's name on it and wear all of it at the same time while taking pictures of him constantly with a 18-inch zoom lenses. I loved it.

Go to a Mariners game if you have the chance!

Directions: Between the International District and Pioneer Square.
Theme: Sports Watching
Website: http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com

• Updated Oct 16, 2006

Comments

Have you been to Seattle?