"Buses not for those with small children!" Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Pixiekatten

Edinburgh Warnings and Dangers: 54 reviews and 27 photos

Huge - still no space for a small pushchair! :(
by Pixiekatten

Several times has this upset me. Both seeing drivers forcing others to do this and not long ago it happened to me and my friend. She came visiting from Sweden with her 9months old daughter. This very day the wee girl was fast asleep in her pushchair. And we were waiting for the bus to go shopping at Tk Maxx (see seperate tip). The bus arrived, with 2 people on it. Still we had to wake up the child to fold the pushchair since that's Lothian Buses policy. Unbelievable!!! The bus was almost EMPTY!!! Madness.

SHAME ON YOU LOTHIAN BUSES!
(And for you who email me and say it's a safety issue and "common sence" that the pushchairs has to be folded I say this:
Swedish buses has always allowed pushchairs, for as long as I can remember. They got special devices where you tie it so it's standing put! Plus pushchairs got breaks!
Never been a safety issue here! Never been a problem!

Pic taken from:
www.showbus.co.uk
(until I take my own pic of a Lothian Bus...)

• Updated Jan 29, 2007

• Suet's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2012 at 4:07 AM

I've found this time and time again while living here. It appears that any one who makes the rules and regulations thinks it is very important to make life as difficult as possible for everybody. I'm not joking. Look at the present Tram situation in Edinburgh, the parking regulations, the roads that are closed off... it's a can't do policy up here.

Pixiekatten Used To Live Here!

Pixiekatten

“Religion, is a smile on a dog.”

Have you been to Edinburgh?