"Left over fish? Feed the cat, dawg..." Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Local Custom Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Local Customs: 297 reviews and 362 photos
Islam has a special place for cats and so, by proxy, Morocco.
There is a story that a cat was sleeping on the sleeve of the Prophet when the call to prayer was heard. Rather than wake the cat to pray, he cut the sleeve off his jellaba so as not to disturb him.
Old women will collect left over scraps and dump them somewhere the cats can get to them.
SO! Be a cat defender: if any cafe owner has to impress you with what he thinks are your "western" sensibilities (or even expresses his own personal aggressiveness towards them) and is mean to Sidi Qatta bin Meow, fight back - and let him the cat's with you, boo.
othercontact: Look kind upon the meower
More Local Customs in Morocco (88)
More Reviews (199)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels