"Joke about the Prophet or Islam - no." Top 5 Page for this destination Morocco Local Custom Tip by JamalMorelli
Morocco Local Customs: 297 reviews and 362 photos
You know how Jesus is uncritically dragged through the sh*t by South Park, SNL or any number of bands? Ok. Doesn't happen here at all. There's no Muhammed vs Frosty cartoon floating around by Moroccan cartoonists and no band with song titles like "Muhammed Hitler". In the words of Geetz, no one is gonna be parading under the banner "ALLAH is dead" any time soon. And they don't laugh at Jesus taking it over a barrel, either. All the prophets are revered in Islam.
SO - Don't assume inside every Muslim you like there is a wisecracking religious iconoclast waiting to break free and crap on his religion for laughs. If you do, your likelihood of being very, very wrong is very, very high.
Danish Cartoons and Moroccan 'tudes
othercontact: FRONTAL LOBE - ON!
More Local Customs in Morocco (88)
More Reviews (199)
- See All Deportation Threat
- See All Rial, Francs, Dirhams
- See All Expressing Yourself to Kids at Play
- See All hotel agadir
- See All Voltage and All Dat Noise
- See All Snuff
- See All Rugby Lite - Daily Moroccan Life
- See All The Carpet Scam
- See All Grand Taxi from Casablanca, Taxi from...
- See All Jemma el Fna - Picnictime
- See All Islamic Holidays
- See All Driving in the Mountains
JamalMorelli's Related Pages
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels