"£ Sterling travelers cheques" Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Pixiekatten
Japan Warnings and Dangers: 111 reviews and 88 photos
This tip is maybe not that useful for people outside the UK but I find it quite important to tell anyone that Pound Sterling cheques are OK in Japan. I heard a lot about banks not wanting to except them before I went and got a bit nervous. But it was fine.
Only 1 bank in Tokyo said no and then tried to send me across the city to another Mitsubishi bransh although there was one further down the street! Do not listen to them if that would happen to you! Clearly they have no idea! Instead go in to nearest bank of a different kind and you probably be just fine!
So the warning is not about Pound Sterling Traveller's Cheaques but about banks not knowing what they're doing!
More Warnings and Dangers in Japan (6)
More Reviews (96)
- See All SHINKANSEN
- See All Don't tan in Japan!
- See All VISA
- Hanshin Tigers - Baseball
- See All Great Hostel
- See All HACHIMAN-GU SHRINE - KAMAKURA
- Festival Gate OSAKA - a creepy ghost...
- See All Compulsory rice eating - NIKKO
- See All BENTO - boxed lunch
- See All Toy Madness in Tokyo's Kiddy Land
- See All When visiting a mountain town
- See All KYOTO JAZZ
Pixiekatten's Related Pages
Have you been to Japan?Share Your Travels