"Luxury" Peninsula Hotel Bangkok Tip by akikonomu

Peninsula Hotel Bangkok, Bangkok: 3,737 reviews and 38 photos

If not for the fact that I'm reimbursed for staying here for business purpose, I wouldn't have even considered the place.

But after staying here, I may jolly well check in again for a good pamper on special occassions.

The morning breakfast is nothing to shout about, the rooms are. Especially if you take the Deluxe rooms with unit number #1. IMHO, it's probably the room with the best view. The huge bed faces out into the skyline. The soft, plush couch lets you lounge around while having a good view of the city lights over the river.

The bathroom is an enjoyment with huge fluffy towels, mood lights, radio, a bathtub with a TV, separated from the shower room and toilet (thank you very much). Strangely, they don't provide toothbrush and toothpaste when every other toiletry is in place.

The room smells nice and clean and the airconditioning has good adjustments.

Unique Qualities: The chambermaids are kept very busy. They make up your room in the morning and evening (around dinner time). The latter is to make your bed for dinner. I found it a little disturbing that in the morning, they place the bedroom slippers side by side with any other shoe you have by the door; then place it by your bed in the evening in the exact position your feet would fall when you get out of bed. And they have a knack for arranging my toiletries, hairclips, brooches in parallel lines on the dressing table.

Fantastic housekeeping for neat freaks, but I get touchy (so I mess up the clips when I get back to the room) and put the "Do Not Disturb" sign to "escape" the evening arrangements.

Address: 333 Charoennakorn Rd Klongsan
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 66-2-8612-888
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://bangkok.peninsula.com

• Written Sep 15, 2006

More Hotels in Bangkok (1)