"California State Highway One" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Things to Do Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey Things to Do: 353 reviews and 893 photos
Known in southern California as the Pacific Coast Highway, in the central part of the state as the Cabrillo Highway, and in the north as Shoreline Highway. It traverses some of the most beautiful parts of the Pacific Coast including Monterey Bay and the Seaside dunes and the Bixby Bridge south of Monterey.
One of the most picturesque spots I have found is Pigeon Point Lighthouse, especially at sunset! Probably the most popular part of the route is in the Big Sur area where the scenery is fantastic and there are plenty of parks where you can enjoy nature.
Probably the most famous area of Highway One in all of California is Big Sur, which begins just south of Carmel. Here there are numerous parks, beaches, cliffs, and the Point Sur Lighthouse.
Directions: Highway One passes right through Monterey, Carmel, Sand City, Seaside and Marina.
More Things to Do in Monterey (23)
More Reviews (221)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French...
- See All Siamese Bay Thai (Webster Street) - Old...
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels