"Solid hotel with a great location" Novotel Montreal Centre Tip by DJMist

Novotel Montreal Centre, Montreal: 462 reviews and 12 photos

My accommodations were great. The staff was very friendly and my room was very comfortable. I did stay in an upgraded room which cost me a bit more but offered higher quality bedding which I always find worthwhile. While a cost of $130 USD per night is a bit more than I was comfortable spending, I soon found the Novotel well worth the cost. The location was perfect - only a block from the Bell Center if you come to see hockey. I was able to walk to almost everything I wanted to see and the Metro was close for the sights I couldn’t walk to. The hotel was quiet, and - although I did not take advantage of many of them - most popular amenities were offered.

Unique Qualities: Exceptionally inviting and comfortable room with plasma HDTV. The bath had a detachable rain maker shower head that made for a relaxing shower. Wireless internet was available for a $11 CAD/night additional charge - I did not use the service. The hotel had a restaurant, L'O, that I did not try. The menu looked a bit generic - I was there to experience some new flavors. One concern was the parking: the hotel does not manage the garage and the spaces are small in size and limited in number. I didn't have any issues but I was concerned since the hotel claims no liability. The cost was $15.50/day with hourly rates as well.

Address: 1180 Rue De La Montagne, Montreal, QC H3G1Z1
Comparison: about average
Directions: Between Boulevard René-Lévesque and Rue Ste. Catherine
Phone: 514/861-6000
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.novotel.com/novotel/fichehotel/gb/nov/1151/fiche_hotel.shtml

• Written Sep 10, 2006

Comments

DJMist

“Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the Sun every year.”

Have you been to Montreal?