"The seventh commandment" Vienna Tourist Trap Tip by sabsi

Vienna Tourist Traps: 118 reviews and 86 photos

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 glasses.... still!
by sabsi

We had a few small beers at the Trzesniewski sandwich bar (see restaurant tips). These beers are really small (0.125 litres) and are called "Pfiff". Now you might know that I like to keep special glasses as a souvenir. These tiny glasses which look like the beer glass of a Barbie doll are really special, they even feature the logo of Trzesniewski and the word "Pfiff".

Of course I wanted to keep one. I put it into my pocket and left earlier than my colleagues who finished their beer slowly. After a while Thomas came after me and told me to return my glass because the others are "kept hostage" by the waiter. He refused to let them go without giving the glass back. Apparently he counts all glasses because he has to pay for them from his own money... I brought my glass back secretly and left as quickly as I could ... totally ashamed ;)

Unique Suggestions: Apparently the glasses cost 2.50 EUR. Maybe you can ask and buy one? Or then, be smarter than me and leave quickly with your whole group...

Fun Alternatives: Thou shalt not steal.

• Written Sep 10, 2006

“It isn`t good having anything exciting if you can`t share it (Winnie the Pooh)”

Have you been to Vienna?