"The start of our hike" Padjelanta Nationalpark Things to Do Tip by sim1

Padjelanta Nationalpark Things to Do: 10 reviews and 36 photos

After a long long travel to get to the North of Sweden, we finally arrive in Kvikkjokk. In total almost 24 hours in train, bus and car, but now we are here; at the start of our hiking trip! The Padjalanta dream is about to begin.....

Thursday, 20st July 2006, Kvikkjokk
The sun is shining brightly and I can hardly believe our luck with the weather. Just down the road from the bus stop are some little boats and one of those is our 'ferry' that will bring us to the start of the hiking trail. We are the only ones there, but soon after arrives the boatman. What a perfect start to our hiking trip we have: fantastic sunshine, the view over the mountains in the distance, and a small boat tour on the river. Happy smiles and happy looks, this is going so much better then I could ever have dreamed of! The ferry cost is 100 SEK per person (around 14 USD / 11 Euro), but it is worth every Swedish Krona! The good thing is that it also shortens our hiking trip with 3 kilometres, something we don't mind at all.

You can read more on my Njunjes page about my trip towards Padjelanta and the first leg of our hike.

Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1c048/2cb18/

• Updated Feb 25, 2007

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Padjelanta Nationalpark?