"Careful how you go now....." Top 5 Page for this destination Driving Tip by sourbugger
Driving, Ireland: 36 reviews and 22 photos
Ireland has one of the worst traffic accident records in Europe. This (of course) has nothing to do with the appauling state of the secondary roads, the numbers of untaxed and uninsured drivers or the fact that some Learner drivers are allowed out by themselves.
Each county has a board as you enter it how many fatalities there have been in the county during the last four years - it makes for gruesome reading.
In order to counter these dangers many Irish people insist on placing a bottle of Lourdes (or Knock) water in the glovebox compartment.
I don't know if this really works, but the at least if you buy the five-litre version (thanks to www.Catholicdiscount.com for the picture) you can also use if to fill your radiator in an emergency.
More Warnings and Dangers in Ireland (9)
More Reviews (66)
- See All Ancient crossroads of the nation
- See All Donegal's only Five star hotel
- See All Always make that connection...
- Be warned.....
- See All The most authenic pub in Ireland ?
- See All A rarae treat - a good Chinese
- See All Great joke.
- See All Be prepared for big delays...
- See All Avoid the bloody big ice cubes
- See All More irish music than you could shake a...
- See All The Galway Festival of racing
- Be prepared for the weather
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels