Island Creamery: "Tiger Beer Sorbet anyone?" Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Restaurant Tip by bpacker

Singapore Restaurants: 944 reviews and 1,232 photos

Jessica and Tiger Beer

Jessica and Tiger Beer
      The frozen mud pie
    by bpacker
      The sissy pink beer sorbet
    by bpacker

The hip quotient of Tiger Beer has now gone up a notch now that the Singaporean beer has gotten Jessica Alba as their spokesperson. Since I'm a straight girl, I don't really understand why so many of my guy pals are drooling over this starlet . Doesn't this Latino girl look a tad strange with blond locks?
To me, the beer was hotter than the girl.
And I was really excited when I found out that some enterprising sod out there made Tiger Beer into a sorbet! In case you're wondering, a sorbet is an icy dessert normally made out of fruit juice but this time it's made out of booze. Not that I mind but it doesn't have that alcoholic twang to it and worse, it comes in a sissy shade of pink! Ugh. The taste was also mildy bitter-sweet. Since there is no chance of me getting high on that sorbet, I prefer the other home-spun flavours that are available in that shop (Island creamery and they are : teh tarik ( a local tea latte) and pulot hitam ( a local black glutinous rice dessert) and their to-die-for mud-pies and baked alaskas. They're way better than the Tiger Beer Sorbet so take that Jessica!

Tip: That's not the only shop which offers home-made-local flavours, there are other shops in town that offer equally quirky flavours. Here they are:

1)Scoopz
Parkway Parade
#B1-154
The best flavour over here is jackfruit. The durian comes a close second. Both flavours are creamy, full of pulp and intensely sweet.

2)Tom's Palette
Shaw Leisure Gallery ( Shaw Tower ) 100 Beach Road 01-25

3)Kulfi Bar
13 Upper Dickson Road S(207473), 01-01
This is traditional indian ice cream and unlike western-styled ice creams , the texture of khulfi is more dense. Try the pistachio flavour.

4)The Daily Scoop

Favorite Dish: Their Mudpie ( $4.50 per slice) is literally to die for. I nearly clobbled my spouse on the head as we rushed to finish the coffee/choc/oreo ice cream what was enveloped with crunchy oreo bits. Coming a close second is their Teh Tarik ice cream ( $2.50 per scoop), the rich, tea-flavoured ice cream is delicious.

Directions: 10 Jalan Serene, Serene Centre, #01-05 Tel: 6468-8859
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Dec 27, 2006

Comments

bpacker Used To Live Here!

bpacker

“Using HK as a springboard to see the world and eating fine as usual”

Have you been to Singapore?