"Accor hotels - Ibis in particular" France Hotel Tip by NordicTraveller

France Hotels: 361 reviews and 326 photos

When travelling in Europe I am always looking for the best deals on accommodation. A few years back, around 1999, my wife and I toured Northern Europe. Upon a late arrival in Düsseldorf, Germany, in an absolute downpour, we stumbled on a recently opened Ibis hotel. It was a two-star hotel and we probably would never have considered it, had it not been for the weather. This was a very nice, clean little hotel, with no unnecessary extra frills and stuff you never use in a hotel. It was dry and we slept like babies. We where headed for France and in the lobby we took by chance a brochure of all the Ibis hotels in Europe. We had decided to camp, taken our tent with us and sleeping bags, with the accompanying amount trouble of hauling that around. We loaded up our rental car, filled the trunk with our camping gear and set of. Next stop was a camping site outside of Amsterdam. After three days of exploring Amsterdam in typical sweaty, midsummer conditions, we packed our car once more and headed for Paris. Due to our detours we where again running late and so we flipped the Ibis catalogue and found the nearest hotel. Given the price and the comfort I can tell you that our camping gear remained in the trunk for the remainder of our two week trip. Ever since, we always make use of Ibis or other Accor hotels, no frills, but just what you need.

Address: www.accorhotels.com or www.ibishotels.com
Directions: All around Europe, France in particular
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/index.html

• Written Sep 6, 2006

Comments

NordicTraveller

“Places that require no air-conditioning”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.